Blog - November 14, 2017
Day 14: The November Happiness Challenge
I met Sperie many years ago on Twitter and we clicked immediately as friends. I ordered some Tees from him and I think he came to the house to deliver them to me himself .He makes the loveliest Tees, dresses, snapbacks and whatever customizable item you might want that has to do with clothing. Sperie is an urban ready to wear fashion line with its highly sort after “speez collection”., one of which will be given to one of the readers.
They also do all kinds of apparel and general printing.They can be contacted via +2348025799658 +2348069508436 @SPERIE_ on all social media platforms
Today, we will be reading from Aisha, a beautiful Food blogger Instagram brought my way. I follow her food posts via Snapchat and many times I just wish I could appear at her house by magic. Yummy stuff, I tell you. She will be sharing a very special kind of happiness dose with us.
My name is Aisha Umar , I am a Nigerian food and lifestyle blogger.
I believe there is something out there that is someone`s talent and they enjoy doing cause they are very good at it and it brings so much happiness to them . Mine is cooking as you all have guessed by now, so I will be sharing a quick and easy recipe with you guys. I will be sharing with you guys how I make my coconut rice . I hope you enjoy.
List of ingredients for coconut rice.
- 1kg of parboiled rice
- 700 ml of coconut milk
- 1 big red bell pepper
- 1 big yellow bell pepper
- 1 big green bell pepper
- Spring onions
- Red onions
- Dried herbs ( parsley , basil, thyme)
- Garlic powder and paprika powder
- Black pepper, yaji, salt and knorr cubes
- Cooking Oil
- 2 cups Chicken stock.
Method Of Cooking coconut rice
- Place a pot with water to boil on medium high heat , the water comes to a boil add rice and a 2 teaspoons of salt to parboil for 15 mins or until you can break a grain with your finger tips
- Wash parboiled rice under cold run water to remove starch and set aside
- Place a pot on medium high heat with 2 cooking spoons of cooking oil, add chopped veges into the pot to stir fry for 5mins then add dried herbs, spices and stir fry for 3-5 mins to have the blend of spices and aroma hit up
- Add coconut milk, chicken stock and let it boil for 7-10 mins on medium to low heat
- Add rice into the coconut mixture the rice should be same level as the mixture if not add a bit of water , cover the rice and let cook on medium to low heat for 15-20 mins or until cooked
When the rice almost cooked add chopped spring onions for garnish and taste to adjust seasoning if you wish .
That’s it guys, Aisha has shared her own tip of happiness with us and that is cooking. She goes further by teaching us how to make coconut rice so that is what she wants us to do today. Looking at how late this is coming, it might not work out today so I implore us to try it when convenient for us. Cook for yourself and people who live with you or you might even invite friends to come eat. Trust me, the happiness will shine through. I am definitely trying out this recipe too. You can follow Aisha’s other food experiments via Snapchat : @aishaa_umar or Instagram :@aishazkitchen.
I’ll be back. BOS