The November Happiness Challenge

Day 1: The November Happiness Challenge 2021

November 1, 2021
We are live! Wow. I can’t believe it’s been a year since the last challenge. And what an eventful year it has been. So much has happened, and I’ll be sharing with you a huge part of it during this challenge. Just stay with me and let’s enjoy the ride together. Something happened yesterday and it got me thinking. I’m at a stage of my life where I derive lessons from different random occurrences and they are mostly teachable moments for me. So I’ll share, and hope that you learn something too. I was cutting my husband’s nails and he was very calm while I was doing that. This was despite the fact that he didn’t really like me using a blade, he prefers Nail cutters. I prefer using blade because sorry, I just don’t know how to use the cutters, blame it on my Ibadan upbringing. He was very chill about the whole process, I cut the finger nails and all through, he didn’t move an inch. I had mentioned it to him before that I was always so amazed at how calm he was whenever we engaged in the nail cutting process and he laughed about it. This is because anytime he cuts mine for me, I’m so shaky and impatient. I’m expecting that a cut might happen or something like that. During that period yesterday, I realized that there were two reasons he was more calm than me. First was the fact that he trusted me wholly and believed that I would do everything possible to avoid hurting him. The second is that he was certain that being shaky might mean I’d get disorientated and then this could lead to the hurt that was being avoided in the first place. I realized these two truths and it gave me an understanding. Why am I shaky when he does mine? It can’t be because I don’t trust him , I really do but I’m always so scared of things going wrong, and this is a habit that I need to stop. Whether I’m scared or not, whether I’m shaky or not, whether I’m impatient or not, whatever will happen will happen, and I need to be calm with the belief that things will be fine. This is my message to you today. Are you holding back on certain things because of the fear of being cut deep? Are you second guessing nice situations because of your reluctance to embrace goodness and because you think it might go sour? It’s time to work on that. You need to be more trusting and patient, and accept that you are deserving of good things. This sounds like some aspire to perspire motivational stuff, but check properly? And you’d see that I be spitting meaningful words😃. Today, we are going to take our notes and write what we are thankful for. It could be one thing and it could be many things. We will then post on social media and be loud about it, because yes, appreciation is important.
Remember to use the hashtag : TheNovemberHappinessChallengebyOmotolaniee. I hope to see you again tomorrow, and for the next 29 days, because you know? It’s the November Happiness challenge. I’ll leave you with this picture from my media, as I’d do everyday till the challenge ends. I hope my smile brings happiness to you today.
I’ll be back. OBA
Day 3: The November Happiness Challenge 2021
Day 30: The November Happiness Challenge 2020

• Reply Abiola November 1, 2021 at 10:28 am

Yah.so glad to be doing this again.my spirits is so uplifted right now

• Reply Tolani Busari November 1, 2021 at 12:29 pm

Yaay I’m glad❤️❤️❤️

• Reply Hameedah November 1, 2021 at 11:17 am

This is such a beautiful read and I am here smiling “sheepishly ” #Novemberhappinesschallange

• Reply Toyin November 1, 2021 at 11:38 am

I am thankful I get to be part of this again, year in year out. I’m thankful for family, friends and work. I’m blessed!

• Reply Tolani Busari November 1, 2021 at 12:30 pm

I’m thankful that you are always here., my darling. Such a believer ❤️❤️

• Reply Bilqis Seun November 1, 2021 at 12:30 pm

A great read. ❤
    I’m thankful for life, God’s grace, sustenance and my family & friends

• Reply Tolani Busari November 1, 2021 at 12:30 pm

Alhamdulilah ❤️❤️❤️

• Reply Olatoun November 1, 2021 at 12:45 pm

I’m struggling with trusting the process right now, and needed to see this😘 I do need to be more trusting and patient. Thank you💕

• Reply Tolani Busari November 1, 2021 at 1:59 pm

I’m glad you saw this, darling. You are very amazing ,please allow yourself to trust the process ❤️

• Reply Temitope November 1, 2021 at 12:55 pm

This was such a beautiful read. Thank you for sharing

• Reply Tolani Busari November 1, 2021 at 2:00 pm

You are welcome, Temitope❤️❤️❤️

• Reply Busari Titilayo Tawa November 1, 2021 at 3:29 pm

Waooh, this is amazing as usual.I learnt a lot from this too.WHAT WILL BE WILL BE.

• Reply Busari Titilayo Tawa November 1, 2021 at 3:30 pm

Proud of you Ajike mi

• Reply Tolani Busari November 1, 2021 at 3:54 pm

Thanks for always being my cheerleader

• Reply Titilayomi Beebah November 1, 2021 at 5:53 pm

Thank you for sharing! I’m thankful for a partner that loves me wholly! It’s such a soothing thing to have your own person in this life!

• Reply Damilola (Stylebydamie) November 2, 2021 at 8:57 am

Such a lovely read. Thank you for putting a smile on my face 🥰❤️. That’s such a lovely picture. Your smile and the colors is giving what it’s supposed to give 🥰

• Reply Tolani Busari November 2, 2021 at 10:00 am

Thanks Damilola. You are a wonderful woman❤️

• Reply Azeezah November 2, 2021 at 12:01 pm

Beautifully written

• Reply Tolani Busari November 2, 2021 at 12:27 pm

• Reply Olajumoke November 2, 2021 at 1:42 pm

Yaaaaaaay!

The #NovemberHappinessChallenge is one big reason I look forward to the eleventh month of the year, yearly. Your consistency is laudable, my darling. Well done!

I heard you screaming my name as I read through the article. You adequately addressed some of the burning concerns I have had lately, and just like you admonished, continual efforts will be made towards letting go of those fears/thoughts and embracing all of the goodness.

Looking forward to a jolly good ride with you all-month long💃💃💃

• Reply Tolani Busari November 2, 2021 at 2:02 pm

My woman. You always come through. I’m glad the post resonated with you. Stay with me, as Always ❤️

• Reply Maryam November 2, 2021 at 6:39 pm

I am thankful for my support system 🥺❤️

• Reply Badmus November 3, 2021 at 9:44 am

Reading this over again and I can’t stop smiling cause this year has indeed been great! I am indeed thankful to my friends, especially Bashir and Sherrif, their “ginger” is the oxygen I’ve been using to breathe this year. My amazing wife, who made me believe I was capable of so much more and actually shortchanging myself by not exploiting enough. My wonderful family, giving the most efficient and effective support system.

• Reply Tolani Busari November 3, 2021 at 10:18 am

You won, with such wonderful people in your corner. I’m really happy for you

• Reply Bookie November 4, 2021 at 11:04 am

Today, I’m thankful for a lot of things. I can’t even list them all. I’m thankful for the gift of life, the roof over my head, the clothes on my body, the food on my table, my family, genuine friendships, the peace of mind that I have right now amongst other thing. I’m thankful to see another November and to be a part of this challenge. I’m thankful for you, Omotolani. I’m thankful that you created a safe space for women to gist, bond and rant.

• Reply Dunmomi November 4, 2021 at 11:45 am

A very beautiful read. Welldone mama

• Reply Solanke Aasiah Oyinkan November 5, 2021 at 4:44 am

You write beautifully.
    It’s how you make your writings relatable for me💛💛💛

• Reply Tolani Busari November 5, 2021 at 5:07 am

• Reply Ameenah Alabi November 5, 2021 at 1:24 pm

I needed to read this, thank you