The November Happiness Challenge

Day 7: The November Happiness Challenge 2020

November 7, 2020

“When a child is born, a mother is born too”.

The above resonates with me very much because, everything that I know now, that I do now, and will continue to do as a mother, came to be because of the daughter God blessed me with. Before you have to care for a child first hand, you only know of what you see around you or what you have heard. You try to internalize these things and make assumptions that this is what motherhood is like, but I tell you today that you really cannot understand until that responsibility is put on you directly. This covers all kinds of mothers (Biological, foster, and all). As long as you are saddled with the responsibility of giving first hand care to a child and you try your best to do that, you are a Mother /Father.

When Fareedah was born, I was scared about how I’d wing it, I felt I was still so young at heart and motherhood was quite huge for me. I had many fears especially that of not doing enough, but when I got to know that I’m the best mother my baby can have and that is why God has blessed me with her, and also that the feeling of not doing enough is a feeling that is common to good mothers, I relaxed and took on my responsibility with ease. Her dad and I are the best parents she could have had, and I say it with all sense of pride. This blessing we have? We are very thankful for it.

Watching her grow has been such a journey. From being that 3.68kg baby to increasing in weight and height, from being toothless to having teeth sprout all over her mouth, From being on one spot on the bed to rolling over them crawling and then walking? It’s been such a trip and again, I’m thankful for this privilege.

Fareedah has been my source of joy, succor, calm and peace. Her smile is very beautiful, and I love it when people say she got that smile from me. She is quite sociable, you need to see her with other kids, she just wants to hug them and hold hands and speak to them in her unclear language. She picks a stool, pushes it to the window and climbs it, to get a good view of the neighborhood and to wave to the kids riding their bicycles or engaging in one play or the other on the street. She calls out to them, waves at them and creates her own fun just by watching them.

My baby F is very smart. There are some things she does that can only be experienced to understand. I let my friends come to the house to see things for themselves so they wouldn’t feel I’m exaggerating. This babe can bring different items to you if you ask her to. She can pick our phones, her diaper, her toys, and many other things. She can operate a smartphone by going straight to the baby apps and launching them. When she sees us doing ablution to say our prayers, she goes to spread the praying Mat and positions herself where her dad would stay so she can pray too, even though she goes straight to Sujud (prostration) from standing 😂.

She dresses so well, I don’t think I can compete. Come forth with your beautiful outfits, my babe will win you in a dressing contest.

Fareedah doing Sujud inside the mosque

I can go on and on about the little and huge things that this girl does to make me happy, but I wouldn’t want to bore you. All I know is, when I count this blessing, I count it more than once, and she is a source of great joy and happiness to me. She makes me smile, genuinely, and I am grateful to my creator for counting me worthy of this gift.

A babe with the slay

I pray that all women who are trying to conceive , will be granted kids who will be the coolness of their eyes and that this will be beneficial for them. I pray that God grants their desires soon, and that they are content with it. We will rejoice with you soon❤️.

Today, we are going to reach out to our friends who are existing and expectant mothers . We will let them know how proud we are of them and how we are rooting for them. We will pray for them and tell them very heartwarming things. You see, mothers do so much, and sometimes, those encouraging words are all they need. Reach out to as many of them as you can, and I promise they’d be thankful you did.

I’ll be back. OBA

Day 8: The November Happiness Challenge 2020
Day 6: The November Happiness Challenge 2020

• Reply Badmus November 7, 2020 at 8:46 am

Happy child, May Allah continue to guide and bless her path.

• Reply Dunni November 7, 2020 at 8:55 am

Thanks for sharing,it was a good read.

• Reply Officialazeezah November 7, 2020 at 9:46 am

Baby F !!! We love you so much 💕

• Reply Mrs Busari Titilayo T November 7, 2020 at 10:04 am

Which of Allah’s numerous favours will I deny? Alhamdulillah again and again. Baby F, you’re such a precious gift to us all.Your smiles brings joy.You respond to my calls like an adult,,”Hayu grandma….fine”You communicate with me for long on the phone even though I don’t understand your languages at times, you will then blow me kisses before waving your hands to say bye.
    The way you respond to prayers is amazing.
    Thanks for being sociable and pleasant. We all love you.
    Wadagba, wadogbo,wagbayeseunrere.You’ll be great influence to us all and your generation

• Reply Tolani Busari November 7, 2020 at 1:27 pm

Aaamin. Thank you mummy. Thank you grandma.

• Reply Bookie November 7, 2020 at 11:33 am

I love this so so much! I love you, Baby F! Such a gem! 💎

• Reply Omobolaji November 7, 2020 at 12:04 pm

I think she got the climbing thing from Jamaldeen.May Almighty Allah continue to make them genuinely happy!!!

• Reply Toyin November 7, 2020 at 3:28 pm

I was smiling all through reading this. She is the cutest! Thank you for sharing this beautiful experience with us. May she grow to be everything you pray for and much more.

• Reply Mariam November 7, 2020 at 5:08 pm

She is so adorable. May she continue being the coolness of your eyes

• Reply Eniola November 8, 2020 at 8:09 am

Sweet, sweet Fareedah. Never met her but she already has a place in my heart. Come and see her pictures on my phone nah.
    She exudes joy and contentment even as a child. Which shows that you and her dad are doing a great job of letting her experience all the love in the world. May God continue to keep all three of you.
    The joys of motherhood can’t be compared to anything in the world.

• Reply Tolani Busari November 8, 2020 at 8:59 am

You have the kindest words, Eniola. I’m really glad I have you in my corner

• Reply Umm fadhmah November 8, 2020 at 2:13 pm

May Allah continue to make her coolness of our eyes aamin

• Reply Ameenah Alabi November 8, 2020 at 9:43 pm

May Allah bless her and continue to make her the coolness of your eyes. May God grant all expectant Moms children who will be the coolness of their eyes.

• Reply Fatou November 10, 2020 at 3:54 pm

We love you baby F, our namesake 😁

• Reply Mariam November 10, 2020 at 6:26 pm

This is so beautiful to read.
    May you all experience more beautiful moments together

• Reply Kawthar November 12, 2020 at 11:33 am

My baby F, I loved her even before I met her and when I met her, it was love at first sight. She is so cheerful, so smart and totally lovable. May Allah continue to shower his blessings on you babygirl.