To my Husband, as I become yours …

December 29, 2017

In December 2015, I wrote about searching for my Rib here and it  is supposedly my best writeup yet, as I got lots of comments and commendations from it.  I appreciated the comments and felt proud of myself for coming up with something everyone described as beautiful, but there was still a vacuum, the reason to which the post came up was still pending. There was no rib,  looked like it was just a well done work of art that would remain seated on my blog, gather glory and not have a sequel.

Two years later, In December 2017, I am getting married.

Somewhere in that 2015 post, I wrote that I might have met the person without it dawning on me and I really wanted the person to show face, it looked like I was being a prophet because yes, I had met him, I really had met my rib the previous year.

Now this is a letter to him, words from the sincerest part of my heart, to the one man who ticks all the boxes for me.

Waliyullah, Waliu, Waliy,Waliyy

Depending on how we decide to spell it, Your name could mean different things

Supporter of Allah, Friend of Allah,

Helper, Protector,

Friend, Love, Owner,

The Protecting Friend….

It isn’t a mere coincidence that out of the many men in the world, Allah gave me you,

Look at the meaning of your name, reflect for a bit, and understand

That in His infinite mercy, The almighty molded you, to give my life meaning.

I know you see me, many times, looking at you and smiling,

I know you notice my regular stares, my constant touches

Don’t be scared, those are activities I engage in, to make sure you are real, that I am not dreaming.

That you are here, in flesh and bone

and you are all mine.

Thank you for being my lover, friend, brother, father, family member

For supporting me

For believing in me,

Allaying my fears

Making me a better muslim,

Helping me to grow and Glow in this journey of life

For always having my back

And being my greatest fan.

I hope to be a good wife, Waliy

I hope to be your peace,happiness, calm and everything good

I hope to be there for you all the way

I hope to be the one, that one that makes it all beautiful

Your lady, your woman , your wife.

I want to be the virtuous woman that the holy Quran and the Prophet have described

I want to be everything you desire,

The mother of your kids,

The peace you sought,

The love you craved

The fantasy you have always dreamed of

I pray for you everyday, I do

Your success is mine and mine yours,

I pray that Allah grants you success

That you are successful in this life and the hereafter

I pray that your beneficial desires are granted

And they are useful for you.

I pray that we are granted kids,

Who will be the coolness of our eyes

I pray Allah grants you the wisdom and ability

To be the best father and role model to them

I pray He grants our family genuine happiness

One which radiates through and spreads to other people.

I pray for a long life for us

A healthy one

A wealthy one,

A worthy of emulation one

A beautiful life through and through.

May He grant us the patience

and understanding

and Trust, to go through life.

May He make us a team, and let no barrier come between us,

Make us among the blessed ones

The ones whom He is well pleased with

Do understand,

That I love you

Very much

And it gets better by the day

May He make it grow stronger and more beautiful

I am ready

To spend my life with you

And In sha Allah

It will be a worthy one.

I have so many things to tell you still, but I’d keep them, and say them to you for the rest of my life

In sha Allah.

Your woman…

• Reply Apinke December 30, 2017 at 3:46 am

• Reply Mr JAY December 30, 2017 at 3:57 am

Now, this is a lot more beautiful.

I say Aameen to all the prayers, and I pray all your heart desires be granted.

Happy married life to my most current most favourite couple. Keep basking in Allah’s Rahmah, Barakah, Sekeenah and Mufeedah.

• Reply Tolani Busari January 25, 2018 at 9:55 am

Thanks a lot Mr Jay! Aamin to all your prayers.

• Reply Debs December 30, 2017 at 4:59 am

This is so beautiful Tolani and I pray God grant you these requests. Make you the best friend and partner to Waliy. I’m glad I’m part of your love story and it shall forever be a smooth and beautiful journey for you both.

You really deserve all the happiness in life because you leave happiness anywhere you go to.

God bless your new home, guide your heart and that of your husband and grant you peace.

• Reply Tolani Busari January 25, 2018 at 9:55 am

Aaamin. Best girl Debs. Thank you for everything you do, I admire you

• Reply Olatoun December 30, 2017 at 5:28 am

❤️☺️I’m so glad you’re happy love . May Allah preserve you both upon goodness. Baarakallahufeekum❤️

• Reply Molola December 30, 2017 at 6:19 am

Beautiful! Congratulations darling

• Reply Damilola December 30, 2017 at 4:30 pm

Very beautiful write up.. May Almighty Allah bless your Union..

• Reply vivian January 16, 2018 at 1:09 pm

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww this is beautiful. may Allah keep u both till eternity

• Reply Hikmah January 20, 2018 at 7:58 pm

Maa shaa Allaah. May Almighty Allaah strengthen your bond

• Reply IJEFINELIVIN' January 24, 2018 at 7:50 am

Lovely piece. You are both blessed to have each other. Yes, your union will be a worthy of emulation one.

You know it’s interesting how the one we are searching for is right there and we never realize and I figured that’s because we need time to see how real enough they are and not some mere fantasy existing somewhere unreachable. God’s gifts are always within reach.

• Reply Tolani Busari January 25, 2018 at 9:50 am

Thank you so much. I really appreciate you stopping by.

Oh yes, God’s gifts are always within reach

• Reply Folakemi Ganiyat February 5, 2018 at 2:35 pm

Beautiful write up, congrats once again dear

• Reply Lifewithtwotees February 8, 2018 at 9:04 am

Congratulations my love..

• Reply ATOAAN February 15, 2018 at 12:09 pm

WoW!!! Omotolani, He’s blessed to have you, and you are blessed too, to have a man that genuinely brings out the best in you. That’s simply divine. May Almighty God bless your home with all the good things that marriage brings, and may joy and laughter never cease from your home.
    Many Cheers, and Best Wishes.
    Your friend,