Happiness Challenge Lifestyle Uncategorized

Day 30: The Happiness Challenge

November 30, 2016

I don’t even know what to say. The journey has been amazing!

I’m really in my feelings right now and you know how it is when you feel too deeply about something, words will elude you.

I still don’t know what to write.

Help me guys.

Thank you Aminah, for being a part of this challenge, I love you

Thanks Fola, You promised yourself you’d get through with this and you did.

Thank you Waliyullah, your comments are always well articulated and I look forward to them

Eniola my yummy mummy, I want to see you again, soon!

Thanks Aramide, my lost but found sister, counting down to that link up soon, In sha Allah

Hi  Debs, I am extremely glad we got acquainted.

Leeeeemah, wait, when are we having a collabo on either of the blogs? I adore you!

Thanks Mr Forbes, you are a big deal and you know.

Lilian my manager, thank you for stopping by.

Thanks Ayodele, for always.

Mansurah, thank you for being so consistent and for your beautiful heart, thank you.

Thanks Adebimpe mi, living with you is the coolest thing!

Thank you Shona, you are a beautiful and rare kind.

Thank you, Haddie, I love how you have carved a niche for yourself in decent fashion.

Thanks Toyin, I really cannot wait to meet you sometime, you rock.

Thank you Aishah, able member of the pretty gang, I cherish you a lot.

Oyesunkanmi my Best friend forever, thank you for then and now!

Ms_Zeenah, You are so beautiful, I cherish you

Ameerah, I love our chats and how you always bare it all to me, thank you for being a part of this challenge.

Vivian, I’m grateful to Halima for making you come across this, you are amazing.

Desola, I will always be glad we got to be roommates, I heart you

Hello Hijabs by Aishah my forever baby, you know Momma loves you.

Zaynab the poet, when are you writing me a poem? You are amazing.

Sophia, You know I admire you a lot,

Mueynah the ever pretty baby girl, I miss you and cherish you.

Sekinah (Damzeel), thanks for stumbling on the blog, I love your page!

Harleyma, Thank you for the love you always show

Cakes by Leemah, thank you for always coming through.

Sajbabs the wonderful photographer, I pray you higher grounds in your chosen career.

To all our vendors, May your businesses never stop booming and may you always have reasons to rejoice.

I’m not sure  I mentioned everybody, if I did not mention your name, I’m very sorry, I cherish you all so much and I’m glad you participated in this challenge.The bigger picture for this is that we are able to imbibe the habits we have picked over the last few days, put them in our every day lives and always move towards attaining happiness. I pray we all stay guided and guarded , I also pray that we always have things worthy of celebration to share with one another. We are a family now!

Today, I want us to reflect on the past days and the tasks that have been carried out. Tell me what you have learnt, tell me what habits you are holding on to, tell me if you were able to attain at least a certain level of happiness, tell me if this challenge helped you in any way and if you look forward to the next one. Let me know the lessons and tricks learnt!

Now to our winners, I know that you all have been waiting for this. I don’t even know how to go about picking the winners, sincerely.  I want to try to be fair, so i’d still stick to those who added comments frequently, those who never missed a day and always made sure they added something.

Since you are all far from me and we can’t have a physical ballot system, I’ll find a way to distribute the winnings and make it as fair as it can be. I’ll then announce the winners and their winnings tomorrow, by God’s grace.

See, don’t let anyone tell you otherwise, you are a big deal and you mean a lot to people around you, let your light shine through and cut off all negative vibes. You are amazing, and I LOVE YOU!

• Reply Shona November 30, 2016 at 9:51 am

Yey!!! First to comment. Lol!
    Alhamdulillah for this little challenge and how quickly November went by, seemed like a few weeks ago when you started. But Alhamdulillah all the way.

Lany I want to win something o! That very fine cape or abaya thingy πŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎπŸ˜©πŸ˜©πŸ˜©πŸ˜©πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­

• Reply omotolaniee December 5, 2016 at 10:24 am

Lol you sure won yourself something

• Reply Sekinat (damzeel) November 30, 2016 at 10:12 am

Alhamdullilahi. It’s been a really amazing journey actually … how time flies…

Thanks for your hardwork and love. How consistent you have been regardless of your workload. May Allah Bless you abundantly. ❀️🎊

• Reply Debs November 30, 2016 at 11:00 am

Wow!!! Finally and to think the month has ended already! So sad this is going to end already…I always look forward to the day’s challenge. It was fun while it lasted and it brought out the best in me!!! Thanks Tolani…

• Reply uthmanzaynab November 30, 2016 at 11:00 am

Alhamdulillah!!! Following this challenge has been awesome really, asking my friend what she thought was my strengths had to be one of my highest point because it was really eye-opening,most of what she said came as a surprise. And of course getting to talk to you and your mom was really nice.
    And for the poem we just might see something πŸ˜‰

PS: I gats win something oo, maybe one fine abaya abi bad ass rings and sunshades 😎

• Reply Miss F November 30, 2016 at 11:07 am

Yaaaaaayyyy! I did ittttt. I “dropped out” after 2 days last year, so this is kind of a big deal for me lmao. Next November is too far oh, something very soon again, please?

So, aside the fact that I’ve been able to achieve a certain level of happiness, this challenge taught me that I can do ANYTHING, if I really want do it. Lmao, I couldn’t even finish the #30DaysOfAlhamdulillah The habit I’m holding on to? Hmmmmmm, same old same old (kindness to everyone around me, as much as I can)

• Reply Toyin November 30, 2016 at 11:50 am

Reading today’s own almost brought tears to my eyes…. Gosh I’m happy I was part of this… The excitement in looking forward to each day challenge, the information, knowledge, reading other people’s thoughts and ideas. I love this community, and I love the creator of this community..
    I’m quite sure I will win something nice…
    Some of the quranic verse posted here will always carry me on….
    A get together in Ibadan would be awesome

• Reply omotolaniee December 5, 2016 at 10:14 am

I’ll hook up with you when next I come to Ibadan In sha Allah

• Reply Shay November 30, 2016 at 4:00 pm

Yaaay! Last day! Wow. We made it this far. Alhamdulilah. Thank you for the challenge. Thank you for your consistence. Im sire you got tired at some point or posting seemed like real hard work but you stil did it so thank you for that.
    One thing I’ll hold on to is appreciating people more. I mean, actually telling them they’re appreciated and loved and not just assuming they know. Oh! And that no matter what happens or what I’m going through, I deserve to be happy!!

I know I’m a winner 🎀🎀

• Reply Afolabi Monsurat November 30, 2016 at 4:39 pm

Yaaay. Alhamdulillah for the completion of this challenge. It was great doing this and I appreciate your dedication. I can’t wait for next year’s own. May Allah spare our lives! Ameen. Well done babe ❀❀

• Reply Leema November 30, 2016 at 5:20 pm

Awwwwww! Now you wanna make me cry. Making the whole post looking like a farewell note. Babe we ain’t done yet! Remember that series thing? We are still gonna stick around and do this like the November happiness challenge.

Habit I grow during this challenge.
    1 will definitely be looking forward to everyday’s challenge and which one of Tolani’s friend are we meeting today. Lol. Always eager to see and learn from people’s comment in the section box and as well as Tolani replies. (Will sure miss all this😣)

2 is love. Love conquer all they say. This challenge have taught me the ability to love my self and appreciate my self more.
    And also never to stop showing love to others, a word of encouragement could go a long way in any body’s life.

Yes oooo!! That collaboration is a must!!!! In sha Allah we would come up with something.

• Reply omotolaniee December 5, 2016 at 8:29 am

Thanks pretty Leema for sticking through. May Allah be blessed with you

• Reply Zeenat November 30, 2016 at 6:51 pm

Whooop!!! Its 30 days already! 30 days of amazing fun..thank u Tolani for this initiative,I find myself looking forward to each days challenge and its kinda sad its coming to an end..
    The main lesson I learnt on here was appreciating people, making them feel wanted and loved,never looking down on them and believing in dem…the list goes on..
    Will surely miss this and I’m really rooting to win something as wellπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒ
    Cheers guys and happy new month in advance!❀

• Reply omotolaniee December 5, 2016 at 8:29 am

Thanks Zeenat. I hope you have a beautiful December

• Reply Cakes November 30, 2016 at 9:40 pm

It really has come to an end….awwwwww!😭

• Reply ENIOLA November 30, 2016 at 9:52 pm

Key lesson is love or do I say expression of love. Almost every challenge hammered its importance.
    Appreciation, the way you go about appreciating your friends to celebrate them is a major lesson for me. I don’t show how much I cherish my friends enough as I am generally a nonchalant person when it comes to friendship but seeing how you carry” your friends here as taught me to hold my friends in high esteem.
    I hope to see you again soon too dear.

• Reply vivaciousdee December 1, 2016 at 5:26 am

30 days already!! Wow!! So December is here. It’s been wonderful to be a part of this. I learnt to Love and appreciate friends and colleagues more over the last 30days.

• Reply M. December 1, 2016 at 6:17 am

Happy new month! I learned to appreciate and be happy with the things we have no matter how little they are, for it’s the little things that matter & yes your posts helped a lot with this. Thank you for always appreciating me! May Allah make you happy always Ameen.

• Reply vivian December 1, 2016 at 9:43 am

Awwwwww cant believe this is coming to an end, i wish it will nt end not because of the gift, but all the positive things i have learnt.

Your challenge has made me reconcile with alot of people, have made me do so many things i never taught i will do in a long time. I made alot of people happy and i learnt about being happy and believing in my self

I have learnt alot, this is one of the best thing that happend to me this month, Tnks tolaniee to crown it all, You have an amazing voice just like your write ups, i Luv you, am glad i met You and i look forward to meeting you in person…………..Happy new month

• Reply omotolaniee December 5, 2016 at 8:24 am

I’m glad you learnt all these Viv

• Reply Ameerat December 1, 2016 at 10:55 am

Awwwww, the challenge has finally come to an end. I’m glad to be a part of this! God knows I really needed the love, encouragement and happiness that came with it.

Thumbs up Sis! Thanks for always being there for me.

• Reply omotolaniee December 5, 2016 at 8:24 am

You are welcome Ameerah. Thank you.

• Reply Waliyulah December 1, 2016 at 2:36 pm

It’s 30 days already, and the November challenge is over. It’s being a wondeful sojourn, wonderful experiences shared and valuable lessons learnt.

Aside the many inspirational words from Omotolani and the various contributory comments, I must say what inspired me the most were the numerous entrepreneurial endeavours of young Nigerians Omotolani showcased on this platform.

In spite of various odds staked against us, our generation is swimming against the tide and doing great things. Surely I am not the only one gladdened and excited by what was showcased here.

I’d be most glad if we all are kind enough to patronise and encourage these young Nigerians. As for me, I’d be patronising the fashion designer from Ibadan in sha Allah. The beautiful male shoes also seem tempting I must confess.

I agree I am not the most fervent contributor in the comment section, but I surely did visit this blog on every day of the challenge. I hope this is sufficient to qualify me for one or two gifts, lol.

Now I look forward to what Omotolani does next with this platform. There’s surely need to build on the success of the November Challenge.

• Reply omotolaniee December 5, 2016 at 8:16 am