Lifestyle Uncategorized

Day 24 : The Happiness Challenge

November 24, 2016

You people have long wish lists o, ahn ahn. I pray with you today,  from the bottom of my heart , that may the good lord, who owns and takes lives, who guides and guards, grant you his mercies and make your wishes come to pass if only they are beneficial to you and for you.

From general consensus, we will be dishing out the gists in series but I might have to add some fiction to it, a lil bit of this and that. I’ll use this to brush up my fiction writing skills and share my innermost thoughts with you all too, I already see this as a very interesting journey!

You guys did not think we would end this challenge without me getting  spiritual Did you? I know many of you know me that I’m a god person who is absolutely in love with her religion and she never fails to show it. I am glad many of us are either Christians or Muslims as  those are the ones I can easily refer to their scriptures. Today, we are going to reflect on some words of our holy books and get something from them. i’m sure you all understand that every letter and word of the scriptures is God speaking to us and helping us to get through life. Just open your Bible or Quran and reflect on a verse or if you can , an entire chapter. You could also look around for books which seek to explain these words, or those that generally help us to get better in serving God. Watch the peace that will envelope you immediately and who knows? it might directly speak to any situation you are in right now, that happens to me a lot.

Look at this one, for instance

nmatallah_755570

These are the kind of words that get me by, I always remember that it gets dark before morning and I will not be tested beyond my ability for Allah’s mercy won’t cease from my life.

Please let me know what verse of your holy book speaks to you and if you were able to reflect on it today.

Day 25: The Happiness Challenge
Day 23: The Happiness Challenge

• Reply Forbes November 24, 2016 at 12:02 pm

Which of the favors of your Lord shall you deny ?

• Reply omotolaniee November 25, 2016 at 8:13 am

None! Forbes my guy I see you..

• Reply Ameerat November 24, 2016 at 12:11 pm

And with every difficulty, there’s relief.
    Verily, with every difficulty there’s relief.

• Reply aramiewrites November 24, 2016 at 12:33 pm

Yaaay!!! Series is gon be lit🔥🔥
    my favourite verse and the one that really keeps me going is
    ان مع العسر يسرا
    “Verily after difficulty comes ease”
    this verse has alot of meaning, no matter how we think we have reached the peak of it all, there is always light at the end of the tunnel.

• Reply omotolaniee November 25, 2016 at 8:13 am

That’s true Mutmainah! Have I told you how much I love that name? I really do

• Reply Debs November 24, 2016 at 12:56 pm

Tolani, the one muslim lady I have come to love and envy! Now I remember how I stumbled on your page. It was through previous challenge when Olabimpe Bolanrinwa was struggling to participate in,lols…

I am just going to reflect on the passage you have shared above. I love it!

• Reply omotolaniee November 25, 2016 at 8:12 am

Debs you have mastered the art of making me feel more amazing than I think I am. thank you so much and may you be loved and cherished by all! I can’t wait to meet with you

• Reply uthmanzaynab November 24, 2016 at 1:08 pm

The verse that has been on my mind is one from a surah we recite everyday basically which is Fatiha, “ihdina siratal mustaqeem-guide us on to the right part” I feel like this is the ultimate prayer really❤️
    And also verses 4&5 of Ad-dhuha
    4)And surely what comes after is better for you than which has gone before.
    5)And soon will your lord give you so that you shall be well pleased.

• Reply omotolaniee November 25, 2016 at 8:11 am

I remember when i needed to make a really huge decision and my friend just told me to keep repeating that verse: Guide us to the straight path. As my mum would say, Oba olufunimona ni olorun

• Reply vivaciousdee November 24, 2016 at 5:46 pm

“I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me” Phillipians 4:13
    “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God” Phillipains 4:6
    I have a whole lot of scriptures that keeps me going, let me just paste these two here.

• Reply omotolaniee November 25, 2016 at 8:10 am

Those are really meaningful verses. Hmnn

• Reply Miss F November 24, 2016 at 6:28 pm

Your Lord will do it for you, and you shall be very pleased.

• Reply omotolaniee November 25, 2016 at 8:09 am

Stop copying my favs! Loooool

• Reply Afolabi Monsurat November 24, 2016 at 6:48 pm

Verily, with every difficulty there is relief. My go to verse every day.

• Reply omotolaniee November 25, 2016 at 8:09 am

Verily, ease comes with every difficulty. alhamdulilah

• Reply Leema November 24, 2016 at 8:05 pm

“He does not break his believing slave, except to Mend him” Alhamdulillah.

• Reply omotolaniee November 25, 2016 at 8:09 am

Hmnnn, what chapter is that sis? I’d like to read

• Reply Shona November 25, 2016 at 6:23 am

Sometimes when reading the Quran and read the meanings too, I just cry.
    I just finished reading Ar-Rahman and wallahi which of his favours can we deny?
    Is it the air we breath in, the miracle of pregnancy, the miracles of the heart which exactly?
    This is one verse from the Quran which forever makes me grateful for being a Muslim!

• Reply omotolaniee November 25, 2016 at 8:07 am

Ar Rahman is very deep, as are all other chapters in the Holy Quran. Which of his numerous favours can we deny for real!

• Reply ENIOLA November 25, 2016 at 2:01 pm

Ask and it shall be given unto you, seek and you shall find. , knock and the door shall be opened unto you. Mathew 7:7 .
    Talk of reassurance.

• Reply vivian November 26, 2016 at 9:16 pm

Ooops I really love the verse u shared and will surely meditate on it. I miss this challenge Alot

• Reply omotolaniee November 27, 2016 at 8:55 am

The challenge missed you too b