Uncategorized

The Happiness Challenge : Day 2

November 2, 2016

We are back today. Alhamdulilah (For my non Muslim friends, this means all thanks to the Almighty). I’ll be saying that a lot so let’s get used to it okay? Lol

The challenge yesterday, as simple as it might have seemed, was very deep and I got lots of messages from people saying it made them reflect on the numerous blessings they have that they didn’t exactly think of. I’m glad that happened, i mean, that’s the point of the challenge anyways; Reflect and be happy.

Today, we are asking people , no matter how many or little, what they think our strengths are. Ask a friend randomly what he thinks your strong points are and that they should be very honest about it.  Ask them for the positive aspects of your character they think you should uphold, Make them tell you the things you do that make them love you and what you say to make them happy from time to time. In other words, make them praise and appreciate you today (Don’t make it seem like they are praising you, just ask them for these things and watch the praises roll out) .

Please note that I did not tell you to ask for your negative side (I know some of you have bad behavior. Lol).  We will sure come to that, but for today? It’s all positives and we are counting it all joy! There is a reason for this, I want everyone to know that no matter how low they feel at any time, someone out there appreciates their mere existence and the little things they do to their friends cannot be taken for granted.

You may tell me mine too, if you know me closely or even from afar. The comment section is available for this and for you to tell us what people had to say about you. Don’t forget, we are still aiming at winning gifts from our numerous partners. I have been getting messages from people who want to offer more gifts and it’s so amazing. Who knows? every reader might go home with something!

I’ll be back tomorrow, In Sha Allah. BOS

Oh wait! There is a picture

1478076109286

The Happiness Challenge : Day 3
The Happiness Challenge : Day 1

• Reply ENIOLA November 2, 2016 at 9:32 am

Is it okay if I tell you guys what a friend told me just yesterday? She’s a friend of over 16 years so I’ll just shoot.
    A little back up, she’s a December bride and she’s been having some concerns about the whole prep and the marriage itself so, she spoke with me about her fears. While telling ke stuff, she said, “I chose to tell you because I want to know if you felt the same way and im very sure you won’t judge me. Plus, however you put it, I know I will feel at ease after talking to you.”
    Say no more, babe always profers listening ears, knows just the right word to say when asked, doesn’t judge and I don’t mind sharing my experiences if need be.

• Reply omotolaniee November 2, 2016 at 10:54 am

Yes, I can attest to the no judgement part and you always sharing your experiences. keep it up baby

• Reply Oyesunkanmi November 2, 2016 at 9:42 am

Great challenge, unfortunately I couldn’t complete yesterdays’ due to some difficulty. I’ll be sire to ask my friends for positive reviews.

• Reply omotolaniee November 2, 2016 at 10:53 am

Okay , we’ll wait.

• Reply officialhaddiee November 2, 2016 at 1:42 pm

I doubt if am able to decode today’s challenge!
    But after reading today’s ,i felt a little bit derailed,why?because I don’t know if I have a good character that is worth sharing so I asked some long time friends but at least Alhamdulillahi,A friend told me my smiles in most of my pictures makes him happy….
    Some of my friends told me my blunt advice makes them happy and keep them going…
    “I disturb people a lot and very naughty(dont get tricked by the ig straight face looks) I’ll always make sure I make you smile even when you’re so tired of this world” from another friend…
    Alhamdulillahi,no matter how bad someone is there’s always a good side even if it is just 1%,you can’t please the whole world,there are always people out there who wants to see your bad side…
    Smile everyday and live a fulfilled life!
    Xoxo

• Reply omotolaniee November 2, 2016 at 2:21 pm

Awesome! To a lot of people out there, you are a shining star and they would never want to let it dim. Alhamdulilah

• Reply vivian November 2, 2016 at 2:19 pm

Ok i missed yesterdays challenge cos i just got to know about this. but am up for todays own or do i need to start with yesterday’s own?

For today i asked people and see what i got back You Bring happiness to everyone,
    Someone who gives more than she gets,
    And fill lives with joy and fun.
    I cannot even dream
    What life would be like without you.
    some say that am hardworking and always thinking of making money as an enterprenuer.(BUSINESS LADY) LOL
    Others say am too nice that the only reason i still gat my eyes is because no one has asked for it (really oh my God) there is never a dull moment with vivian, and then that am very strong lady i should keep it up. that i always encourage them to at least have an handwork and not depend on Government base on my numerous experience. Hahahhhahahaaa and one of my old time friend from secondary sch ” vivian u eeee very industrous you dont like being idle for once any break from sch you are out looking for Job lol keep it girlfriend. waooo how i love todays challenge heard so many things i never knew i had……… so happy

• Reply omotolaniee November 2, 2016 at 2:23 pm

Yaaay I’m glad you got all these nice words from friends. See why we should always appreciate ourselves and focus on the good sides.

• Reply Maimuna November 2, 2016 at 3:40 pm

My friends and family say I’m so patient and it’s one of the things they all love about me. That made me so happy.

• Reply Afolabi Monsurat November 2, 2016 at 4:22 pm

Today’s challenge was kinda awkward for me as I don’t have many friends. But I just decided to let go of the awkwardness and ask ppl and the reviews I got almost made me blush. I was told that I’m generous, kind with a good heart. And also that I’m honest and accommodating. Yippee. Me! Lol.

• Reply leema November 2, 2016 at 4:34 pm

yaay! Day2!!!!! hmmmm, even before asking them I know the kind of reply I would get so I just decided to ask two of my flat mates that are here with me right now, here is what they have to say about LEEMA.
    one said I’m generous (I was expecting that tho) because I cooked almost everyday for them during my undergraduate days. he also said i forgive easily (yes I know. cos I no sabi vex).lol that i don’t judge people and I’m fun to be with (yes! I get plenty werey).
    the second person said
    he love the way I dress ( even tho he laughs at my outfits most times. shoiiirrr). also said he loves my confident ( wow! wasn’t expecting that) that he wish to marry someone like me but he is my son. (because he calls me mama)
    I’m use to people saying nice things about me ( not forming or something). I just wish they can tell me one awful thing about me but since you said we shouldn’t ask them that.will keep mute till another time.

tolani I love the fact that you have the energy and time to reply each comments on your blog. and they are sincere comments.its show that you appreciate everyone. so that is your strength baby girl! love that about you.

• Reply omotolaniee November 3, 2016 at 8:41 am

Thank you Haleemah! I love how supportive you are too, you are always ready to be my cheerleader and i appreciate you for that. Lots of love!

• Reply Yemzine November 2, 2016 at 5:00 pm

Just getting to know about this challenge and I decided to give today’s own a shot. Lol, on a personal note I really can’t tell if I have a good or bad character, but asking two friends of over 6yrs this questions about myself, I was glad and surprised that they both find me interesting and mentally strong – one of them said my ability to contain, coverup and bounce out of my lowly moments has been a source of inspiration to her. And for the interesting part, I’m just always lively and playful no matter the situation.

So, those are the news things I got to learn about myself today. Cheers

• Reply omotolaniee November 3, 2016 at 8:40 am

Oh nice! I’m glad you stumbled on the blog and dropped a comment. Well, for when we were close in a way, I think I admire how you used to give me advice and how open you were. xoxo

• Reply Shona November 2, 2016 at 5:18 pm

I’m coming

• Reply omotolaniee November 3, 2016 at 8:07 am

Loooool Zainab I’m still waiting

• Reply rawpheat November 2, 2016 at 6:04 pm

I’m told I have good listening ears,I mix with people easily,I don’t judge and I could be bipolar most times but close friends never wanna loose me.I know how to sit down and form stories just because I want to advice

• Reply omotolaniee November 3, 2016 at 8:07 am

Oh wow, it’s indeed a great attribute to have listening ears and not be judgemental. You rock.

• Reply debswritesblog November 2, 2016 at 6:05 pm

I thought I won’t be able to participate in this challenge cos everyone wants to give an objective response. Eventually I got a response

‘I’m one stubborn annoying creature but still have a good heart and always go out of way to please others”

Well, that means a lot to me.

And Tolani, I love your smile and your outfits. You make being a Muslim beautiful😘

• Reply omotolaniee November 3, 2016 at 8:06 am

Thank you my blogger sweetheart! I’m glad I make you feel that way.

• Reply Zeenat November 2, 2016 at 7:18 pm

Hiiii everyone!!!
    Here are the the responses I got..I’m caring,I have a good heart and I ve got listening ears and finally I’m disciplined which is a good thing as well I believe…

PS- Tolani,you’re doing a great job..I don’t know u on a personal level but I would love to meet you someday! And everyone else on here!
    I love to meet new people, one of my favorite things to do.
    Cheers

• Reply omotolaniee November 3, 2016 at 8:05 am

Thank you Zeenat, I’ll love to meet you someday too, In sha Allah. stay awesome!

• Reply Shay November 2, 2016 at 7:44 pm

Day 2! First person I asked said I’m nice and caring. Another said I have very good listening ears (I’d rather listen than talk so I know this)…most said I make them laugh and happy and that made me happy!

Tolani, your smile lights up the place. Your friendship with Latoun is everything. I pray you remain sisters till Jannah…and I love that you answer very silly questions 😉😂

• Reply omotolaniee November 3, 2016 at 8:02 am

Looool Aishah, you know I like you lots too, my able member of the pretty gang! Amin to your prayers, May Allah be pleased with you.

• Reply Adebimpe Ayeyunmi November 2, 2016 at 7:48 pm

My friends say i always make them smile even when they don’t want to….. Yippppeee!!!!

• Reply omotolaniee November 3, 2016 at 7:59 am

Loooool I see you are very excited about that. what I like about you is that you cook for me and you always clean the dishes. Please don’t stop

• Reply Ameerat November 2, 2016 at 8:12 pm

Day 2: Positive vibes only.
    A friend said that I’m very accommodating and always ready to lend a helping hand.
    Another said she loves my confidence and forgiving spirit (I don’t know how to hold grudges) and I’m blunt but dynamic.
    A male friend said I’m homely, kind and quite optimistic (I believe there’s a good side to everything really).

I admire Tolani a lot, you’re very kind and always willing to help, and yes your smile radiates positivity. I wanna be like you when I grow up Sis.

• Reply omotolaniee November 3, 2016 at 7:51 am

wow Ameerah. See how we have plenty similar positive vibes (everyone said I’m forgiving and accomodating too). Thank you for appreciating me, May Allah be pleased with you.

• Reply Miss F November 2, 2016 at 11:04 pm

They said i’m ride or die. Also, very supportive. And of course, annoying. 😂😂

• Reply omotolaniee November 3, 2016 at 7:49 am

Oshay Miss support system

• Reply Aminah November 3, 2016 at 12:14 am

The person I asked said I have a good sense of humor and a few other lovely things. Alhamdulillah😄

• Reply omotolaniee November 3, 2016 at 7:44 am

You did not ask me but I will say.

You are beautiful in and out, you have this unrelenting strife to become better that makes me envious, You make me feel like more than I am and you never judge me. I could go on and on but you already know. Stay awesome

• Reply Franca Obialor November 3, 2016 at 10:05 am

A colleague of mine said ” Social influencer” , the other said “talkative” well, I’ve got a certification for that. So I’m not pained 😂. Will post more replies as they come😊.

• Reply omotolaniee November 3, 2016 at 1:41 pm

Lool okay dear Franca. Fellow ‘talkative’

• Reply Hijabs_by_aesha November 3, 2016 at 7:09 pm

It’s quite late but I’d drop my comments still.Five reviews from 2 beautiful friends
    *You always want to be there for me even when it’s about breaking you
    *You don’t know how to get angry
    *Your cute innocent beauty (can do baby face for africa) and yet can act like a MUMMY many times too
    *You can pray and appreciate people soo much too
    *You’re responsible
    *You always listen and can’t handle trouble one bit…..lol

To you,
    You know how your advices always go a long way and how you always want the best for everyone and pamper me with all the surprises….Lots lots lots of love

• Reply omotolaniee November 4, 2016 at 9:00 am

I can attest to all the qualities listed about you above, you are one of the best gifts Allah has blessed me with Aishah, I don’t stress this enough.

• Reply vivaciousdee November 3, 2016 at 7:48 pm

So I had a chat with some recently and they I can still remember what they all said about me, I would just go ahead and type the summary in their words. “Babe you are lovable, warm and you like to inspire us with your words, you are also a good listener and you always know where we can buy trendy pieces at an affordable price”
    Omotolani, you are jovial and you have a really good heart free from grudges. Keep it up baby.

• Reply omotolaniee November 4, 2016 at 8:56 am

Thanks so much Desola mi. You are amazing

• Reply Toyin November 4, 2016 at 9:54 am

So I’ve been trying to catch up on the challenges I missed. I asked few of my friends what they like about me and what I got in return surprised me, little did I know I was all these things. Modest, I walk exuding confidence, critical thinker, open minded, simplicity, smart, caring to a fault, treat friends like family, a good cook, sweet, loving and a lot more. I’m grateful I could be these, I’m working towards improving.

• Reply Toyin November 4, 2016 at 9:57 am

Lest I forget, I’m glad to be participating in this challenge.. I look forward to all the days in November already all because of this. Thank you Omotolani, it’s exciting

• Reply uthmanzaynab November 4, 2016 at 11:53 am

Soo, I just walked to another lab to ask my closest friend since we are both interning in the same place. And she actually wrote it down on a paper because she didn’t “want my head to swell” in her words😂
    According to Aisha, I’m independent, I don’t let other people’s opinion determine my beliefs. I’m caring ( because I walk down to her hostel whenever she says something is wrong with her and I cook for her lol). I’m kind and smart, in her words I cannot date a mumu(which is true btw).And oh, I’m great at being sarcastic 🙂