Happiness Challenge Uncategorized

DAY 2 : THE NOVEMBER HAPPINESS CHALLENGE

November 3, 2015

Hi everyone, I hope your Monday was productive and happiness filled. The comments and views I got yesterday were quite huge and I have come to realize that we all really do need to check ourselves more from time to time. I am glad you, my readers are actively participating in this and I really hope it would be helpful to us all at the end of the Challenge.

So many of us have completely fallen into particular daily routines that we tend to forget what really matters. We ignore people who care about us (albeit unconsciously) and take favors for granted. I had this talk with a friend sometime ago and he made me understand that having parents who take care of us and go the extra mile to make us happy is not a right, It is a Privilege: a huge one at that. We really cannot comprehend the kind of things our parents go through to give us a good life and make sure we don’t lack the essentials.

We are rude to them sometimes and we sometimes make them feel like they are less of who they are. Some of us go as far as taking our friends and acquaintances over them ย (Yes, it’s that bad). ย Can we take a moment and reflect on this? Be grateful to God for giving us the blessing of having parents who care about us (Dead and Alive!). Some of us have lost one or both parents but we can never forget the indelible mark they left in our lives. Can we endeavor to be more subtle and kind in our dealings with them? Do the little things? Buy things for them randomly? e.t.c. No matter how wealthy our parents are, whatever we buy for them would be among their most priced possessions. How often do we pray for them? How many times have we dedicated just a time in our heads to seek God’s blessings for them? ย These questions require answers.!

Now to the task for today,

• Call your parents/Guardians
  • Tell them :”Thank you for everything”
  • Pray for them
  • Tell them you love them
  • Give us a feedback!

I didn’t forget my Tuesday smile , here it is ( I know the rest of my head is cut from the picture. Sorry, focus on the smile and my big nose. lol )

PhotoGrid_1446544007421

I’ll be back. BOS!

• Reply MrJayCouture November 3, 2015 at 10:13 am

Nice one. Good teachings.
    ‘mma definitely do this. Momma gon be busy at work ATM. Till later in the day when she’s gon be a bit less busy. I’ll definitely feed you back. Enjoy the rest of your day.

And, that smile…..๐Ÿ‘Œ..and the overlapping collar :p

• Reply omotolaniee November 3, 2015 at 10:17 am

Loooool. The tailors notice everything! Waiting for your feedback bro.

• Reply Franca Obialor November 3, 2015 at 10:21 am

Nice one.. Really insightful.

• Reply Abimbola Abio Idrees November 3, 2015 at 10:26 am

Lol..
    Well.. Would Have Loved To Do This.
    But, Not in Good Terms With Both Parents.. And We Still Had A Misunderstanding This Morning!
    So, If I Suddenly Just Send Either/Both ‘Thank Yo For Everything’
    They shouldn’t Goan Think I’m Calling It Bye-Bye with Them Y’know!
    Like, Errrrrrr…
    Anyway, I still Love Them.. And. Appreciate Them A Lot!
    God bless Yo Also!

• Reply omotolaniee November 3, 2015 at 10:28 am

I think this is even more reason for you to really get to them and let them know how much you appreciate them. Trust me, It would mean a lot to them.

• Reply Abimbola Abio Idrees November 3, 2015 at 10:39 am

Lol.. Aii.
    God Bless!(Y)

• Reply z November 3, 2015 at 11:11 am

DONE! one other thing I think people need to note is that we appreciate fathers way too less, its general knowledge that mothers usually go through more of the stress but mehn fathers work day in and out to make sure our mothers can actually nurture us the right way. Its not easy being a man and working for almost 90percent of everything your family needs. Let your fathers know you appreciate them just as much as your mothers today. God bless. ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Reply omotolaniee November 3, 2015 at 12:00 pm

Yes yes, I made a conscious effort to put ‘Parents’ instead of ‘Mothers’. Our fathers are also very important and we must take time out to pray for them and show them we care.

• Reply Omopariola Oladele November 3, 2015 at 11:56 am

Hmm! Tough one today, well I try to do those lil things for my mum to make her smile, but not sure I’m that cool with my dad to tell him “I love you”.. I will try anyway.. Xoxo

• Reply omotolaniee November 3, 2015 at 11:58 am

Aww Dele darling. It’s always easier with our mums I know. We can try with our dads too, let’s make an effort please

• Reply hadeydhamola November 3, 2015 at 12:02 pm

I sent them messages instead. So whenever they go thru their inbox they can see it. I don’t know why I have this feeling my dad might be worried with that message. Lol. He might think m abt doing something terrible. Ha its so bad! Can’t remember the last tym I told him ‘I love you daddy’. My mum is used to hearing ‘love you mummy’.

• Reply omotolaniee November 3, 2015 at 12:06 pm

Yes, I decided to do my parents messages too. so they can always read through and smile. Loool I understand, they are not used to it so they d be shocked. Let’s make it more frequent

• Reply adetunji November 3, 2015 at 12:48 pm

Subhanalahi!! Seeing people’s reply here make me look kinda odd, innit or perhaps I’m d last born and kinda closer to them more, I dnt see any week go bye without talking to and even seeing either of them. I love them more and more, I see and wonder hw selfless they have been in taking care of us even to those that aint there offsprings. My parents are so selfless even to the point of still giving me things at this my age.also one thing especially Dad, He’ll call and say please I want to see you after work and when I get there we’ll just talk normal and dere won’t be anything special or somthing and he might still call another day telling me how I’ve not been checking on him!!! Imagine someone I might have just seen a couple of days back.well, perhaps old age is telling. I love them more and more and I pray to Almighty Allah SWT to bless and enrich me to takia of them more ุงู„ู„ู‡ู… โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹ุขู…ูŒู€ู€ู€ู€ูŠูู€ู€ู€ู†ู’.

• Reply omotolaniee November 3, 2015 at 12:50 pm

Wow. That’s awesome, you are indeed blessed my brother. You should keep it up.

• Reply Adetunji November 3, 2015 at 1:30 pm

Thank you pretty.

• Reply Onimisi November 3, 2015 at 1:35 pm

Praying for my parents has & will always be a daily routine. Telling my dad I love him is a tricky issue so I had to beat around the bush & ask random stuffs to let him know I care. With mum? Lol piece of cake. Bless

• Reply omotolaniee November 3, 2015 at 1:37 pm

It’s always easier with our mums. Lol. So you started playing around with dad to show him you care. That’s so funny. Welldone dear

• Reply leema November 3, 2015 at 3:05 pm

Hmmmm! Wel said! We need to spend more time with our parents.a little one min call can put a smile on their face.well i lost ma mama 3 months ago and the only memory of her that keep me strong is her every day calls before she died.Av learnt to have that bond with papi as well. I called him dis morning.

• Reply Olamide November 3, 2015 at 3:37 pm

Since I called them yesterday, I sent them a message lol. I’m very close to my mom but to my dad, sigh. I’m building the closeness. I love today’s challenge oh bcos I don’t think I’ve told him I love him in years. May Allah continue to keep them for us and spare their lives and ours too.

• Reply omotolaniee November 3, 2015 at 3:39 pm

Aaamin. That’s the point. It isnt even intentional, we just see it happening. May Allah keep them for us

• Reply omotolaniee's Blog November 4, 2015 at 9:20 am

[…] already. If you are just joining us, you can still check for the first day here and the second day here. It isn’t too late to do those two. In fact, the idea is that it should be a consistent […]

• Reply mzz deyreen November 4, 2015 at 9:49 pm

I’m glad I get to do ds @ least once a year. If not mothers’ day, then her birthday. A number of us may never truly understand what our parents go through, not till we become one ourselves… my gem with a heart of gold… she’s all I’ve got. May God keep her for me.

• Reply omotolaniee November 5, 2015 at 8:12 am

Amen! Your very awesome mom. Parents truly deserve the best

• Reply Legit November 8, 2015 at 6:44 am

Is it weird to say I can’t remember telling my dad ‘I love you’? Presently, things r though… Allah knows I pray for the strength to get along with him. He whines and complains a lot and that is tough for me, I think it’s mostly cos I find it hard to express myself… I struggle with self esteem too and I think I might break further… I am sorry for bringing my issues here. I just want to try…

• Reply omotolaniee November 9, 2015 at 8:19 am

I totally understand how you feel. Trust me, this happens to many of us a whole lot of times and it seems like It wont get better, but trust me when I tell you It will be beautiful. Mail me maybe?

• Reply greatbabe November 10, 2015 at 11:08 am

hmmm! well, i think doing that in person will be better. will give it a try cux am sure it will mean alot to them. thanks.