Uncategorized

The perks of being an "unmarried" lady

December 9, 2014
The Journey
A Meaningful Story

• Reply Adetunji Adediran December 9, 2014 at 7:23 pm

Too old for marriage?I think its when a lady is getting close to her menopause and ds depends on individual.Marriage is a sacred institution dat u have to be very ready for it, its a lifetime journey, its a know going back journey wch means a lady have to take her time to prepare for it and from my own point of view, d best marriage is d marriage to ones friend. Cos friendship never ends bt love does except motherly love. When love ends in marriage due to a change in physical or character attribute of an individual, friendship take over and take the journey to the great beyond.

• Reply Lade biyi-adejayan December 9, 2014 at 7:29 pm

Thank you Tolani for this post. Nobody should pressure nobody to get married.

• Reply Olatoun December 9, 2014 at 7:35 pm

I don't think a woman can ever be too old for marriage because a persons age does not necessarily determine the quality/success of their marriage.

• Reply Mueyna December 9, 2014 at 7:36 pm

This comment has been removed by the author.

• Reply Modupe Bakare December 9, 2014 at 8:15 pm

There is nothing like too old for mariage in my dictionary. OMOTOLANI God bless you for this blog. I hate d stigmatization attached to women wen dey 30+ nd not married yet. Its just sad. Dah known person u talked bou was obviously happy wiv er life be4 she complicated it. U should see d way pple were abusing her be4 she did. O ma se ooo.

• Reply kingsley idowu December 9, 2014 at 9:17 pm

This is a timely one, for all the ladies out there under pressure from family and friends because of their age, remember this, they will not be there after your wedding, albeit marrying late may be depressing, marrying right is where true joy lies.

• Reply mercurialpinkyblog December 9, 2014 at 9:22 pm

There's a whole lot more to living than me ending up in another persons world,it takes maturity and more to sustain a marriage,let's focus on the basic,marriage will come in due time.

• Reply adekanmi adedoyin December 9, 2014 at 9:24 pm

Very nice piece dear..thank you. And about how old is too old,I'll say that as much as we like to say that age is no limit whatsoever,we cant erase our culture n d fact that we are Nigerians. But however, I am a strong fan of “doing whatever pleases you,especially when its the right ting”. Last saturday,a sister got married at 44yrs old..I can only imagine… we can't all be narcissistic tho,but I believe that once we are able to love ourselves enough to realize our exact needs n go for them,to know that being happy doesn't have to do with pleasing the multitude,then we can focus on ourselves n make d best decisions without any form of fear or pressure. . So basically,im saying that it all boils down to individualism… I can go on..but then its ur blog,lol *silly*

• Reply Anonymous December 9, 2014 at 9:27 pm

Nice one. Its even worse for our generation cos most girls have it imprinted in their brain that they must marry young. And the ones that chose to wait a bit are seen as old maids. Atimes I ponder if the young ladies that marry nowadays understand what marriage means

• Reply Anonymous December 10, 2014 at 12:58 am

Great piece Tolani. It's just a world too old to unlearn old habits.

• Reply Tunde December 10, 2014 at 4:31 am

Gggggg

• Reply Eniwealth December 10, 2014 at 3:51 pm

Interesting and insightful write up from an intelligent mind. Big ups, dear Omotolani.
    However, I beg to deviate a little. As ladies, we also need to understand that men are sometimes under pressure to bring a woman home too. We shouldn't let his ''all over'' me attitude to show/prove that he's the one fool us. Don't be the next available babe, he could smell desperation all over. Worse is, desperation as a result of being pressured by society.
    Thanks you everyone. #anishiyan o

• Reply Kween Sheedah December 10, 2014 at 5:43 pm

Lol. Commitment is a very deep issue. There will be happy days and unhappy days. Days filled with love and those with tears. NEVER be in a hurry, take your time.

• Reply Sa'eedah Imam December 10, 2014 at 7:33 pm

I was lost in the western world while I read…lol

• Reply moyo December 11, 2014 at 6:19 am

brilliant piece . As far as am concern marriage is a forever commitment which should never be rush into cos in marriage one experience so many thing , the joyful times and d sorrowful times. Never be in a hurry and deir is nothing like to old plus nobody should pressure nobody to get married . may God help us.

• Reply Forlahranme December 12, 2014 at 7:18 pm

All I can say is…God bless your brain

• Reply Ciana-Joy February 13, 2015 at 8:15 pm

All of your write-up is always inspiring and thoughtful. Thumbs up for this. I also share some of your views too and i’ll always say that ‘marriage isnt compulsory but neccesary. I don’t know why people tend to see marriage as a core course. They would even go to the extent of fustrating the hell out of a lady thereby pushing her to unhappy marriage. I just thank God for the kinda person i am. Nobody, not even my parent will force me into such. Even with the fact that its neccesary to get married, i always tell people that marriage isnt in my dictionary for now becuase my ambition and career extends far more than the kitchen..