Inspiration Life as I see it Lifestyle Uncategorized

When dreams Come True

June 19, 2014

‘Aeroplane, Father Aeroplane, I want to be a doctor, Aeroplane’…. For those of us that grew up in certain parts of Nigeria, what I just wrote is not something new. Yes, we all wanted to be ‘a doctor’ at one time or the other. Probably due to how we met the rules and songs till we got grown and discovered our different paths in life. It still seems very funny to me when I remember those dreams we used to have. Lol How do we all become doctors?

Okay, I’m sorry for the Intro. The real reason behind this write up is to make everyone know how proud I am of a very special friend of mine, Olajumoke ogundeji. Her covocation is today, 18th June, 2014 and I can’t but think of how it all started. I am so happy for my friend and the excitement I feel right now would have you feeling it’s my convocation. Yes, I cherish her that much.

Olajumoke came to my high school in Senior Secondary School 1 or 2, I can’t remember cleary. She was this very beautiful girl and was too quiet (or so I thought). To everyone, she was just the ‘new student’ and the members of the C’ class which comprised of the very brilliant students did not want her to be put with them, as they assumed she wasn’t up to the task.Shortly after she came, we had our mid term exams and alas, Olajumoke was the overall best student.. It was no small feat, so many of us were awed by her performance and I decided there and then to get her acquaintance. I was known to be the very outspoken student and It came naturally to me to befriend students who stood out with their intelligence and brilliance.Olajumoke became the overall best student and she didn’t relent till we left high school.

We weren’t exactly very close till our final high school days when people started discovering some resemblance in us. Another pathway to our closeness was our prefectship which compelled us to engage in meetings to discuss how the school activities would be run. She was the Senior girl while I was the social prefect. She would come to my house on her way to her church which was close by and we discovered many similarities between ourselves, the differences were there but they were things we could deal with. I was very happy about this new found friendship with the best student in the science class. ( Let me be a proud little girl by saying I was the best in Arts class).ooops.sorry!

We graduated and of course, Jumoke had the best WAEC result ( As and Bs). I was so happy about this because we both went to check our results together and mine wasn’t bad either. We were very very happy. Oh yes, We were glad that our dreams of going to the university were being droven into reality. I went to Unilorin while Olajumoke was given admission to Ladoke University of Technology (LAUTECH) to study Mathematics. This wasn’t exactly accepted with gaiety as she always wanted to study Medicine but she decided to make do with it instead of staying idle.

While In Ilorin, I would go visit Jumoke and her friends would tell me about her brilliance. Already, my friend was the star in her class. Her results were something to smile about. In her 3rd Year, She told me someday: OmoTolani, I’m travelling out of the country to study medicine because that’s all I’ve ever wanted. I was happy and sad at the same time. I was happy because she was finally pursuing her dreams and I was sad because I would really miss her. She left for Sumy state University in Ukraine and our communication was reduced from physical to phones and chatrooms.

We would exchange pictures and update each other of the happenings in our lives. ( From family to relationships to every other thing you could think of). We didn’t let the distance disturb our friendship and we remained best friends. Jummy came home after her 3rd year and you should know we were together all through. She bought me the shoes I wore for my convocation that year and I told that to everyone who admired the shoes. Even after all the ‘foreign exposure’ , my friend was unblemished. She was still the beautiful, natural and kind Olajumoke I had always known. My mum’ friend saw her sometime and said : ‘that girl is such a blessing to her parents’. Yes, Olajumoke carried that aura around her. I’m too happy she’s my friend.

She left after Summer and we continued with the phonecalls and chats. Now, Olajumoke is graduating today, Yes! She is a medical doctor. She is a doctor! You know what that means? She is Doctor Olajumoke. My friend, my love, my confidant. She has done me proud again. This is what she does, this is what she has made us used to. She is amazing, wonderful, beautiful, intelligent and awesome! Hello people, respect me, my friend is a medical doctor ☺ . Call me OmoTolani the doctor’s friend. I can’t be in Ukraine today so I thought of how best to show her how much I cherish her, Hence this post. May Allah guide my Olajumoke home and make her very successful. May she continue making us proud and may she be granted a long and healthy life.

These prayers extend to you my readers too. May we always have reasons to celebrate with one another. Amin.I’m sorry if I bored you but this is to show I excited I am.Btw, I’ve been told by many people we look very much alike. Hmnnn, Do you think we do? Do let me know through your comments. Thanks for reading. I love you… BOS

10366275_10202698941252295_7404170514009316344_n1557535_10152879458884498_7980030972163107220_n (1)

10308193_780073018677251_159780939458055810_n

• Reply Rashidat June 19, 2014 at 9:23 am

Congratulations Olajumoke!

• Reply ope2468 June 19, 2014 at 11:16 am

Clearly**
    Wow! Wonderful! I wish someone could write about me like this, may Allaah continue to blossom ur friendship, nd may he cap it all by showing her the light of Al-islaam, (ameen). My warmest regards to this person, whom you’ve made familiar to me. 🙂

• Reply Atunjel June 19, 2014 at 5:58 pm

اللهم ‏​​​آمٌــــيٍـــنْ

And on the look…hmmmmn maybe the carriage, u guys kinda ve same gesture or smthng. Wish her all the best.

• Reply Mobolaji June 19, 2014 at 7:34 pm

Congrats to ur friend olajumoke. This shows how kind hearted u are. Just few people know the value of friendship. Pray we all have reasons to celebrate ourselves….being a Dr isn’t an easy job at all. Kudos to her.

• Reply Olajumoke June 19, 2014 at 8:03 pm

Awwww…..Omotolani!!!! I’m speechless, awestruck! No words describe perfectly how I feel at the moment. I love you forever and a day more, May God continually bless us and guide us in the path that we should follow, Amin!

• Reply Smilple June 19, 2014 at 8:44 pm

In fact am inspired, this is true friendship. Congrats olajumoke, omotolani loves u. This write-up is like a novel, interesting. I must say dis; omotolani is intelligent nd brilliant.

• Reply Basediddy June 20, 2014 at 6:51 am

Congratulations to my angel Dr Ogundeji Olajumoke Anuoluwapo ….and to omotolani.. U a true friend…God bless u ..thanks for the write up…

• Reply Olajumoke June 20, 2014 at 7:41 am

Thanks everyone, I’m humbled by your love…..Omotolani you rock!!!

• Reply Tolulope June 20, 2014 at 8:42 am

Congratulations my friend being a
    graduate. I pray that this is just the
    foundation of many new designations you
    will acquire throughout your life I would
    like to congratulate you on this happy date.

• Reply Adedayo June 20, 2014 at 11:28 am

Congrats to your friend and you guys really do look alike. Congrats to you too!!!

• Reply Olajumoke June 20, 2014 at 1:31 pm

@Tolulope Thank you so much my darln friend, God bless you

• Reply Gbadamosi Akorede Yussuf June 20, 2014 at 2:41 pm

Wow. Astonishing. Awesome!! Breath taking… Really cant find the right word to describe this post. I wish u could add the fact that i made her leave my school(bodija international college) for yours. I competed with her with all i got during the senior secondary school one. I was so unhappy when i learnt she was leaving. Thanks to jummy for making me bring the best outta myself by competing with her. Olajumoke i missed u so veryyyy much. We gonna see some day. Till then be blessed.

• Reply eve June 20, 2014 at 3:46 pm

Dr Jummy congrats my dear, thank God you have someone that love and care about you this way she got your back girl aways ! From Dr Evelyn l guess you know who sweeet lol…. l still haven’t forget the word “sweeet” Na Wa for me o.

• Reply Olajumoke June 20, 2014 at 8:53 pm

@basediddy thanks love,congratulations to you too……@Korede how did you make me leave BIC? *eyesrolling* I’m glad and thankful to God that we could so much bring out the best in each other and I sure miss you too, we will definitely see sometimes soon, looking forward to that……@Eve my beautiful Iyawo, thank you so much, thank God for the beautiful gift of friendship *smiles* I know your ijogbon wouldn’t allow you forget ‘Sweet’, lol. God bless you, I miss and love you much….Xoxo

• Reply Atoaan Ollor June 22, 2014 at 10:05 am

WoW! This is beautifully written! It brought tears to my eyes at the point where u mentioned that she got u the shoes u used on ur convocation!! That is just so sweet…
    True friendship is such a gift, and shld be cherished. I admire the friendship that u share with Olajumoke, and I wanna use this medium to mention also, that you, Omotolani, you are also an Awesome friend(with a capital “A”!) CHEERS to the good friends we have, and to the kind of friends we hope to be!

• Reply omotolaniee June 22, 2014 at 11:17 am

Thanks darlings. God bless you

• Reply Sparklez J Gold June 25, 2014 at 10:39 pm

Waow! This is amazing.. I’m realy envious of u guyz…sis Tolani, your post is sure to make one’s mouth water and win hearts over..how i really wished a friend wil do same for me..Sis Jummy, u re really lucky having her as ur friend and congrats ma…

• Reply tosin1993 July 2, 2014 at 10:02 am

DR Olajumoke, I’m soo happy for you. Thanks for making ur parents and families proud. I’m proud to be associated with u. Abodunrin olawumi

• Reply Abdulhameed July 22, 2014 at 5:25 am

Y am ℓ̊ ds late…Woow, 9c one omotolani and cngrats to Dr Olajumoke.

• Reply moyosore September 20, 2014 at 6:43 am

congratulation olajumoke, and I must confess Omotolanie is such a lovely girl and a good friend. which I had a friend like DAT.

• Reply Molola April 21, 2015 at 4:04 pm

Congratulations Doctor. I wanted to be a doctor too now I’m an accountant. My mom is still beefing me lol. And you guys look so much alike. All the best dear

• Reply omoleye90 June 20, 2016 at 8:39 am

Just reading this now, and i must say it truly is beautiful, your heart is too..
    God bless you for celebrating her this way, i bet you make her real proud too…. 🙂

• Reply omotolaniee June 22, 2016 at 12:36 pm

Aww thanks so much. God bless you too